2019 CPE Credit Information for bbcon Finance Sessions
As part of our continuing commitment to providing high-quality continuing professional education, Blackbaud is a registered sponsor of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors—a program offered by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). This registry recognizes that our continuing professional education for accountants meets nationally recognized standards.
Accountants are required by state governing boards to earn CPE credits to maintain and enhance their professional competence. As a registered sponsor, Blackbaud’s name and address are printed on a registry that is distributed to state boards of accountancy and made available to licensed accountants across the country. A link to Blackbaud’s website appears with our listing on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors on NASBA’s website, www.nasba.org.
What does this mean for you?
You may be eligible to receive CPE credits for successfully completing the #bbcon2019 listed sessions below.
One-Hour Sessions: Each of the following sessions will be one hour and equal to one CPE credit.
- Simplified Workflow Workshop: A Day in the Life of a Finance Professional
- Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Deep Dive: The Benefits of Analysis and Reporting Using Cost Per Unit
- Development is from Mars! Finance is from Venus! Integrating Development and Finance through Technology and Best Practices
- Fraud Prevention: How Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and Best Practices Can Help You Prevent Fraud
Two-Part 45-Minute Sessions: Each of the following sessions will be 45 minutes and do not independently qualify for CPE credit. To qualify for 1.5 CPE credits, you must attend both parts of the session.
- Productivity Hacks: Getting the Most Out of Financial Edge NXT (Part 1 of 2)
- Productivity Hacks: Getting the Most Out of Financial Edge NXT (Part 2 of 2)
- Best Practices in General Ledger Architecture (Part 1 of 2)
- Best Practices in General Ledger Architecture (Part 2 of 2)
How are the number of CPE credits determined?
CPE credits are granted based on a 50-minute hour. Participants are eligible for one CPE credit for every 50 minutes of instruction attended. For learning activities in which individual segments are less than 50 minutes, the sum of the segments would be considered one total program. A minimum of one full credit must be awarded initially, but after the first credit has been earned, credits may be awarded in one-fifth increments or in one-half increments.
Sign-in sheets will be set up at the back of each session room, with an auditor, to confirm your attendance. It is your responsibility to sign in and out at each session to get confirmation of your attendance.
Is CPE credit automatically awarded after attendance is established?
CPE credit is not automatically awarded. Letters or certificates of completion are available upon successfully completing a class. Certificates will be issued after bbcon via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for submitting this information to the State Boards of Accountancy. Surveys for these sessions will also be provided with the certificates.
Blackbaud is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org.
- Attendance Policy: Course completion is based on completion of the entire course session. To be considered as Attended, individuals must attend and actively participate in 90% of the session. A course must be marked as Attended in order to earn Continuing Education credit for CPE (Continuing Professional Education) accreditation.
- Delivery Methods: Group Live
- Prerequisites: None
- Advance Preparation: None
- Field of Study: Information Technology – Technical
- Refund Policy: blackbaud.swoogo.com/bbcon/policies
- Complaint Resolution Policy: Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns for breakout session CPE credits
*For inquiries about Blackbaud University CPE courses and credits, please refer to the University Day FAQs.
Best Practices in General Ledger Architecture (Parts 1 & 2)
Attendees will be able to describe the elements that make up the General Ledger structure, determine if they are using those elements to their best potential, what changes can be made to your configuration, and determine if a re-implementation is necessary.
Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Deep Dive: The Benefits of Analysis and Reporting Using Cost Per Unit
Attendees are expected to gain an understanding on how to use statistical units functionality in conjunction with Sky Reporting analysis and insights to gain deeper knowledge of trends in your nonprofit.
Development Is from Mars! Finance Is from Venus! Integrating Development and Finance Through Technology and Best Practices
Attendees will learn best practices and functionality knowledge within Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT. They will also learn change management strategies and see live technology tools to create staff integration, along with system integration, to drastically change the culture and effectiveness within your organization.
Fraud Prevention: How Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and Best Practices Can Help You Prevent Fraud
Attendees will be armed with a toolkit of ideas and processes they can implement to help prevent fraud at their organization.
Productivity Hacks: Getting the Most Out of Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT (Parts 1 & 2)
Attendees will be able to employ the demonstrated tips and tricks for Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT to their daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
Simplified Workflow Workshop: A Day in the Life of a Finance Professional
Participants will learn how to create "Day in the life of" workflow, and how they can be used to build empathy for someone else's job. Focusing on tasks done each day, emotions related to people, and products used.